Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Project Data Everywhere.............

Does this sound familiar?...........

Project Manager: Hi Mary. Have you all the project related purchase invoices entered into the accounts system yet?

Mary: Nearly finished. I should have them entered by the end of the day.

Project Manager: Have you got the list with the new project codes? Can you try to remember to put the new codes on the invoices? I got a mixture of old and new codes last month and it took ages to sort it out.

Mary: No problem. I will make sure to use the new list.

Project Manager: Hi Mick. Have the guys on site submitted their timesheets for last month yet?

Mick: I haven't got them all yet. I am waiting on some of the guys on site to email them in. The usual culprits are late again. I'll chase them up. I have most of the spreadsheet complete for the ones I got.

Project Manager: Make sure to use the new job codes I sent you. I spent ages last month re-assigning job numbers.

Mick: I never got that email.

Project Manager: I'll sent it again.

Mick: I'll try and have the timesheets entered on the spreadsheet by tomorrow evening. It might be a good idea to look for timesheet entry system where the lads can enter them over the internet. It would save a lot of time.

Project Manager: Hi Kate. Have all the expense claims been submitted by the guys on site yet?

Kate: Almost, they are due to be paid at the end of the week so we should have them all by today or tomorrow. I'll code them and put them on my spreadsheet and email it to you.

Project Manager: I have a project status meeting on Friday afternoon. I have to gather all the info together and let Mary know what to bill and then calculate the profitability of each project by then. I think I will be staying late on Thursday night. Whats new?????

Kate: Good luck with that. Rather you than me.............



Has your organisation got project related information in many disparate places that need to be pulled together periodically in order to report on the progress of these projects? Is there timesheet data in one system, cost information in an accounts system, budget information in a spreadsheet, expense information in another? How long does it take to pull this information together and analyse it in a meaningful way? Are your projects profitable or is spend exceeding budget?


Sage 200 Project Accounting allows you to centralise this information. The advantages of this are:


  • Project accounting is fully integrated with sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger, sales order processing, purchases order processing and stock control.
  • Employees can be setup and their timesheets and expenses can be entered directly into Sage, with the cost of their time assigned to each project and cost code.
  • An organisation specific project structure can be designed.
  • Template projects can be set up to reduce the time spent in creating new projects.
  • Projects can include sub-projects and the information can be combined.
  • Phases can be built into the project structure.
  • Budgets can be assigned at project, phase and cost code level.
  • Projects can be have analysis codes assisgned to enable analysis of revenue, costs, profitability and variances in a meaningful way.
  • A suite of reports and enquiries exist to allow the organisation to report on costs, revenue, profitability and variances from budget.
  • Phased billing.
  • Time and Materials and Fixed Price billing.
  • Centralised data entry, reducing the chance of duplication and mis-posting, thus improving accuracy.


 It is also possible to have your employees enter timesheets and expenses over the web using the Sicon WAP modules. This information is updated to Sage 200 Project Accounting on a realtime basis.

Sage 200 Project accounting could greatly benefit your organisation if the company operates internal or external projects. Why do things the hard way?





 






No comments:

Post a Comment